Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Grow Up!

A summary of the controversy surrounding Bukit Bendera UMNO division chief Datuk Ahmad Ismail:

Datuk Ahmad Ismail: The journalist started it! My "Chinese squatters" comment was referring to pre-Merdeka times and the journalist interpreted it wrongly.

Journalist: I stand by what I said. He's wrong!

Datuk Ahmad: Am not!

Journalist: Are too!

Datuk Ahmad: Am not! 

Pak Lah: Stop it!

Datuk Ahmad: Gerakan should be kicked out of the BN! Tear up his (Gerakan acting prez Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon) picture!

Grow up, people. This is embarassing.


September 10th update:

My favourite line in the newspaper today:
He [Datuk Ahmad Ismail] said the explained to Abdullah that his controversial speech in Permatang Pauh was supposed to be confined to a Malay audience.
And I suppose that makes it all better. Last I checked, UMNO was still part of Barisan National, a multi-racial party. Why oh why does everything in this country have to be race-based?

No comments: