Thursday, December 11, 2008

Wanted: Sony T77

I recently returned from a trip to Australia. Updates about that later. The country is in full Christmas mode with beautifully decorated shop windows, plazas and malls. Best of all, their Christmas sales have started already. Usually the big sales start on Boxing Day or the day after Christmas but due to the poor economy, sales have started early. And the biggest sales are on electronics right now. Apparently the prices were set before their big currency depreciation so right now electronics are heavily discounted compared to the rest of the world.

I'm in search of a camera right now. A simple point and shoot will do, nothing too fancy. I had my eye on the Sony T77 which is sold at RM1,299 here in Malaysia but it's going for AUD380 or just under RM1,000 in Australia. Sigh me being me, I thought I'd wait till I got home to compare prices and that ask my brother to get the camera for me in Australia before he came back. But who knew that he decided to come back even earlier than I did. Sigh. So I'm now looking for another buyer :)


Anyway, I was browsing through Sony Malaysia's website to check out their products and I came across this really cool contest. It's called the Snap and Catch and it's run in conjunction with their Year End Festive Promotion. Check it out here. Basically, you have to photograph as many of the wanted Sony product within a set time frame as you can. The highest score right now is in the 12k range. Mine is in the paltry 4k range. Sigh. Never mind. I have until the end of January to hone my mad skillz. Who's up for the challenge?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey you

welcome back. i know you're off again so have a safe trip and enjoy it, the world is such an amazing, beautiful place!

Have a lovely christmas and a great start to the new year. I will be in touch in Jan when i get home. xx