Friday, December 12, 2008

Summer in Australia

It's my first time in this beautiful country in the summer. All three of my previous visits were during the winter. This time around, the most beautiful, and oftentimes weird-looking flowers that I have no names for were joyfully in bloom.


The streets are lined with gorgeous purple jacarandas in bloom.


It's so hot that the dog has to get a buzzcut. Poor Indy went from this

to this.

But he's adorable all the same. Sigh I feel like a traitor to my own dog.

It's at times like these that one must go to the beach. Especially if you're in Sydney.

Even the birds agree.

Pegs, you should recognize this beach :)

It's not, however, one of the best times to go on the Coogee to Bondi walk. It's way too hot for such a long walk, which I know from first hand experience. However, the walk is the best way to see

the graveyard with the best view in the world
and the carpark with the best view in the world. Sydneysiders are so lucky.

It wasn't hot all the time, though. We got some pretty cool days, during which I was very grateful for a cup of hot chocolate or a steaming hot pot.

Especially if it's Guylian hot chocolate.

Or a Szechuan hot pot, full of extra-hot chilli peppers. The soup usually comes in four grades - extra mild, mild, spicy and extra spicy. If you go with the extra spicy option, your mouth will be on fire and you will have a giant mound of chillis in front of your bowl. Go on, I dare you.

No comments: