Saturday, May 31, 2008

Home sweet home

After slightly more than nine months, I find myself at home again. Seems just like a summer break, where I get to be at home for three months. So the deal is I'll be working from home, "on the beach" for the same client I was in Korea for. I'm not sure how good my productivity will be, but it will be nice to be at home for a bit. I wasn't too thrilled about not knowing exactly where I was going after the project, but all that's settled now, and it all worked out for the best too. I didn't want to spend two months hanging around doing nothing, although to be honest, the idea took very little time to grow on me. But the current deal is a good compromise. I told my boss that I might go to the Maldives with my dad, and he said "you can go wherever you want, as long as you don't tell me about it". Haha... doubt I'll actually go, though, but it's nice to have the flexibility to work from wherever I please. My brother's coming back from Shanghai next weekend, and he's staying for a week. It'll be the first time in years that the whole family is together, so that's pretty exciting. Going to go to Penang, I think. Family, sandy beaches and delicious food - what more could a girl ask for?

Meanwhile, I still haven't heard about my H1 visa. I'm starting to think about what offices I'd like to be transferred to. It's the easy way out, of course, to go back to New York, where I already have a base, where I have lots of friends, where I'm comfortable. But at the same time, I'd like to be closer to home, and just about anywhere else fits that requirement. I'm thinking London (yay Pegs!), maybe Sydney, with Singapore as a distant third. Don't know if I'm quite ready to come home just yet, although it would be nice to put down some roots. The thought of starting fresh somewhere alien is somewhat daunting, though. Anyway, it's a little too early to count my chickens just yet.

I had a two hour nap this afternoon. Sigh... it's lovely to be home, where I'm always welcome with open arms :)

No comments: