Wednesday, February 18, 2009

In transit again

Last weekend, I found myself sitting in airports for about eight hours as I waited for flights in Palma, Madrid and Amsterdam. Yes, my transit lifestyle has begun again. February may mean a different things to different people - Valentines, Chinese New Year, start of the Spring term... This year, February heralds my return to the working world after a seven month hiatus.

My new office is small compared to my old office in New York. Currently there are two of us in the office, my country head and me. Luckily we share the office with another company, or to be more precise, we're squatting in their office. Luckily, this means that there are other people around, enough that we can get a lively conversation going at the lunch table, like today's one about one-handed keg stands and the workings of a beer barrel. Yes, it's good to be working with people of my age :)

This week I've been given a reprieve from travelling, allowing me time to settle down in my new office and get to know the other people. Next week, however, the airport runs start again, this time with a project in Bangkok. I'm looking forward to it, to be honest. Staying close to the office means I don't have to battle through the ridiculous traffic jams on the way to work. Luckily traffic isn't that bad on my way home. I'm not looking forward to the early morning wake up calls or the idle time waiting for planes, but I'm definitely excited about discovering a new city, getting to know new colleagues, and yes, the hotels. Oh and the food! Gotta love Thai food :D

Yes, being in transit again definitely has its plus points, best of which is... I GET PAID!

No comments: